Beauty, they say, is in the eyes of the beholder. It is to this end that every woman desires to look attractive. Thankfully wigs have helped enhance women’s beauty and confidence.
Wigs—undetectable lace, easy care wig, headband wigs, you name it—have become a significant part of beauty accessories for women all over the globe. And for this reason, more and more women buy wigs every day.
If you’re new to wigs, or perhaps you’ve been wearing wigs for a long time and you need a hair brand that can offer quality wigs to you, Luvme Hair is fully stocked and available for all your wig needs.
This article is an excellent piece for you to glean essential wig tips you never knew. You’ll also learn easy care tips for maintaining your wigs and much more. That is, if you’d like to preserve what you already have, then purchase a new one.
Read on to discover the care your wig deserves.
The content of this article includes:
- What are Hair Bundles?
- Types of Hair Bundles
- Easy Care Tip for Hair bundles
- Easy Care and Maintenance For Wigs
- Human Hair Undetectable Lace Wig
- Human Hair Headband Wig
- Easy Care Tips for Human Hair Wigs
- General Guidelines for Washing Wigs
- Essential Wig Care Tools
What are Hair Bundles?
Hair bundles are a collection of hair wefts, tied together to be used for wigs or weaves.
There are a variety of options when it comes to hair bundle quality for constructing wig extensions. You can choose between Human hair, Virgin hair, and synthetic hair. There is also a combination of human hair and synthetic hair.
Each kind of wig has its pros and cons and difference in price. The essential thing is to find a wig you like that suits your style.
Types of Hair Bundles
There are several types of hair bundles from human hair bundles to synthetic bundles, and virgin hair bundles. Whichever you want, there’s something for you.
Synthetic hair bundles are cheaper and easier to care for than human hair bundles. You don’t have to spend much on synthetic hair bundles.
Easy Care Tips for Synthetic Wigs
If you purchase a synthetic wig from a hair vendor and you need easy care tips, then here you go:
1. Let your fingers run through the inner of the wig cap to remove oils, dirt, and sweat that has clogged the root.
2. Use synthetic-safe shampoo and conditioner to wash and condition your wig (Use conditioner regularly to help bring out the luster of the hair).
3. Use synthetic hair spray to style and moisturize.
4. Don’t heat style your synthetic wig. The heat from curling irons, and flat irons, cause breakage and shedding. Blow-dry with low heat, or better still, let it air dry.
Human Hair Undetectable Lace wig
Undetectable lace wigs use the highest quality transparent lace material known as Swiss lace to recreate a natural hairline.
- Ultra-thin Swiss lace
- It blends very well with any skin tone, which makes it undetectable
- Hairs are pre-plucked to appear like it is growing directly from your scalp
- It can be multi-styled
Human Hair Headband Wig
Headband wigs are half wigs made with a headband. They do not have a lace closure.
- 100% Virgin hair
- Easy to wear and remove
- Glueless with no lace
- Looks more natural than lace wigs
- Adjustable headband
Easy Care Tips for Human Hair Wigs
1. The lace of Undetectable lace wigs are very thin and fragile and can get damaged easily. As such, you should handle it with utmost care.
2. When styling, be careful not to expose the hairlines and wefts. Don’t style in a way that will cause pressure or strain on the wig roots.
3. Ensure to wash and condition your wigs at intervals. You may not have to wait for many wears to wash once you notice dust, dirt, and oil clogs on your wig.
4. Use quality human hair products on your wig.
5. Do not sleep in your wig. If you do, your wig will wear out with time.
6. More importantly, when not in use, wear it on a mannequin.
General Guidelines for Washing Wigs
1. Comb or brush your wig before washing. Gently detangle from bottom to up.
2. Add a small quantity of shampoo to a lukewarm water bath and soak the wig for five minutes.
3. Gently work the shampoo through your wig, don’t squeeze or fold the hair fibers.
4. Rinse the hair with clean lukewarm water.
5. Once you are done washing, add a small quantity of conditioner to the hair and work it through. Allow it to sit for some minutes.
6. Rinse with lukewarm water.
7. Let it air on a wig stand or blow dry on low heat.
8. Brush the wig once it is dry and style.
How Often Should I Wash My Wig?
How often you wash your wig depends on how you wear it. Ideally, you wash your wig at least once a month or after 10 wears.
Easy Care and Maintenance For Wigs
Wigs need lots of care to maintain their luster, bounce, style, and longevity. A wig can last longer depending on the care it has been given.
Human hair wigs are 100% unprocessed and are remarkably soft and lustrous. It requires extra care to maintain, unlike synthetics. For maintenance, you will have to use quality virgin hair products on your human hair wig.
Essential Wig Care Tools
- Headband to safely hold your hair down.
- Wig shampoo and conditioner.
- Mannequin heads to hang your wig when not in use
- Hairstyling Iron
- Wide-tooth comb
- Oil Sheen spray
- Blow dryer
- Edge control Gel to keep edges smoothened
- Hair spray
- Styling clips
- Leave-in conditioner
Wig care is necessary to maintain your style. Although, wig care and maintenance can be challenging, especially for human hair wigs, it is worth every care you can give, just like your natural hair.
At Luvme Hair, rest assured to get quality wigs in different styles and colors and quality wig care products to take care of your wig.