Fungal infection is very common, especially during the monsoon season. The rainy season has its own set of benefits but, one cannot deny the issues that come with it. One such problem is the increased fungal infections. In case you are facing such an issue, apple cider vinegar foot soak proves to be an ideal solution. To explain it in much simplified terms, foot soak is nothing but a water solution that contains herbal ingredients to treat fungal infections. Here in this post, we will be highlighting the benefits of apple cider vinegar foot soak as well as the three different processes to make the solution.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar Foot Soak
These soak recipes are quite beneficial for preventing fungal infections. A few more benefits of the same are listed below.
- Prevents toenail fungus: One of the best benefits of foot soak is that it will prevent any kind of fungal infection to occur.
- Helps remove the bad odor: Additionally, it also aids in removing the unpleasant odor. One should at least soak the foot twice a week for better results.
- Heals the dry skin: The apple cider vinegar foot soak is quite beneficial to treat dry skin issues. If you have been worried about dry skin then, you should try this foot soak.
- Callus treatment: Most people experience callus majorly on their foot which occurs due to friction. Well, this could be treated with the apple cider vinegar foot soak.
- Aids in removing warts: Moreover, warts can also be removed with the help of apple cider vinegar. Warts in general are fleshy bumps that are caused due to different strains.
- Fades liver spot and age: Interestingly, those who are having liver spots or aging lines should soak their foot in the apple cider vinegar solution. The process to make the solution will be elaborated on in the following section.
- Provides relief from sunburn: In the final words, one gets relieved from sunburn and other related issues with this foot soak.
These were among a few of the benefits of apple cider vinegar foot soak. The process to prepare this solution for foot soak will be discussed in the next section.
Process to prepare
The process of preparing the foot soak will be explained below. This soak can be prepared in three different ways. Almost all the ingredients can be easily found in your kitchen. The recipes help one take care of their body without spending much in expensive salons.
Apple cider vinegar and Baking soda foot soak
For preparing this soak, you need to mix the ingredients such as baking soda (2 teaspoons), Rosemary oil (8 drops), apple cider vinegar (2 tablespoons), and more importantly lukewarm warm (2 mugs). Submerge your foot and let them soak for 20 minutes. This solution will help to provide relief from nail and skin infections. Further, it will also help in absorbing any unpleasant odor. One can use this formula for treating the issues of constant itchiness on foot.
Lavender oil – Epsom salt Apple cider vinegar foot soak
To prepare this solution, one has to have the ingredients such as lavender oil (5 drops), Epsom salt (1/4 cup), apple cider vinegar (2 tablespoons), and fresh lemon juice (2 teaspoons), and lukewarm water (2 mugs). Take all these ingredients and mix them well. Now soak your feet for around 20 minutes. Then, use a scrubber to scrub a little on your heel. However, do ensure that it is done gently. Now you can simply dry your foot with a towel and apply some moisturizer. This solution helps in removing dead skin from your feet and reducing the unpleasant odor. Additionally, it also helps with feet Whitening and tan removal. Using this solution regularly will keep feet free of fungal infections.
Apple cider vinegar and Listerine foot soak
This soak can be quite helpful on its own but in this solution, we combined one more important ingredient. The ingredients required to make this solution include half a cup of Epsom salt (1/4 cup), apple cider vinegar (5 teaspoons), tea tree oil (5 drops), and Blue color Listerine (1/4 cup), and the most important ingredient is lukewarm water (2 mugs). The acetic properties of apple cider vinegar will help reduce itchiness. It also helps to treat the sweating foot and athlete’s foot. The rich anti-fungal qualities of Listerine fight fungal infections, making this soak a potent one.
You may also like to read: 10 Ways to treat toenail infection at home onychomycosis
These were among the top three ways you can prepare the solution for the foot soak. Apple cider vinegar is rich in anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, and acetic properties that help treat the fungal infection in the foot. One should ensure to use this solution twice a week to obtain the best results. The above-listed foot soak recipes not only help fight foot infections but also may help lighten your feet.